The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law.The Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law is proud to request the submission of papers for the Human Rights Essay Award. 2022
TOPIC: EQUALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS: CONFRONTING RACIAL DISCRIMINATION
About American University
American University is a student-centered research institution located in Washington, DC, with highly-ranked schools and colleges, internationally-renowned faculty, and a reputation for creating meaningful change in the world. Our students distinguish themselves for their service, leadership, and ability to rethink global and domestic challenges and opportunities. At AU passion becomes action; students actively engage in the world around them; and the leaders of today train the leaders of tomorrow.
American University Human Rights Essay Award
- Type: College School
- Organisation: American University
- Country to study: United States
- School to study–
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application DeadlineJanuary 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of American University Human Rights Essay Award
The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review
Requirements for American University Human Rights Essay Award Qualification
- This award is open to all lawyers around the world regardless of their nationality!
- ONLY participants with a law degree Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) o equivalent by the submission due date are eligible to enter the competition.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2023 topic
- Shall remember the essay must be an academic article with proper citations.
January 31, 2023
How to Apply
Essays must be submitted using the online submission form. No emailed entries will be accepted.
The Academy will confirm via e-mail the receipt of all articles submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 business hours of sending a submission, please contact us to ensure that we received it.
For more details,visit American University website