The Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation was established in 2005 to realize the vision of its founder, Geneviève McMillan (1922-2008), and to commemorate the life and work of her friend, the artist Reba Stewart (1930-1971). The scholarship celebrates McMillan’s passion for the African continent.Since 2010, the McMillan-Stewart Foundation has partnered with the Sciences Po American Foundation to offer merit-based scholarships to give access to France’s higher education system to meritorious African students from sub-Saharan African countries. This will be done specifically through the undergraduate Europe Africa program of Sciences Po.
About Sciences Po
The Paris Institute of Political Studies (French: Institut d’études politiques de Paris), commonly referred to as Sciences Po Paris or just Sciences Po (IPA: [sj??s po]), is a grande école and grand établissement located in Paris and other cities in France. It originates in the “École libre des sciences politiques”, a private school founded in Paris in 1872 by Émile Boutmy. Boutmy aimed at modernizing the education of political elites in France by teaching them contemporary
Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
- Type Undergraduate
- Organisation Sciences Po
- Country to study France
- School to study Sciences Po
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline April 10, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
- Successful students will receive a scholarship covering the full Sciences Po tuitions fees every year, for the duration of their undergraduate studies programme.
- As Social criteria are also taken into account, an additional grant may be awarded to cover living expenses.
Requirements for Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships Qualification
- Applicants must be citizens of a sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants must have completed their high school education in a sub-Saharan African country and
- Applicants must be accepted to Sciences Po’s undergraduate Europe-Africa programme
Interview date, Process and Venue for Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from foreign secondary schools): 22nd February 2023.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from French secondary schools): 10th April 2023.
Documents Required for Application
- Cover letter outlining motivations to study at Sciences Po’s undergraduate program and to benefit from the Scholarship.
April 10, 2023
How to Apply
- Candidates must first apply to study at Sciences Po undergraduate Europe Africa program. Applications should be completed on Sciences Po’s Admissions website and include all supporting documents requested for the Emile Boutmy scholarship application.
- During the two weeks following the student’s application, all candidates must also apply for the Geneviève McMillan-Reba Stewart FoundationScholarshipby sending an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all questions, you may contact the Office of Admissions through the online contact form.
For more details,visit Sciences Po website